The Shed (Tameside) is recruiting a male Shed Support Worker. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to get involved with a rewarding local organisation to grow and develop the range of provision the organisation offers to its shedders.
We are a movement for older people (particularly older men) and we offer a place to meet up, learn and share skills and make new friends. The Shed has a range of activities on offer from; woodworking, cooking and IT skills to participating in sporting and musical memories sessions. Its aim is to create a socially engaging place for people to come to have fun, to improve their mental health and wellbeing and to age well.
The skills we are looking for:
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Ability to work with people with long-term health conditions including early stages of dementia
- Technical experience e.g, woodworking or engineering.
- Using a computer-based system for creating and updating records.
- Supporting the Shed Coordinator completing and presenting management reports. Experience of applying health and safety legislation and safe working
What the Shed can offer you:
- Three paid days (18 hours) per week.
- Pay scale £12 per hour.
- Training for first aid, dementia awareness, safeguarding, Microsoft Office Software etc.
The Shed welcomes interested persons to call into The Shed for a visit and an informal chat.
Please note: The Shed is an equal opportunities employer welcoming and encouraging applications from men of a diverse background irrespective of; race, colour, ethnicity, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.
A Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Disclosure check may be undertaken for this role.
Job Description, Person Specification and Application forms are available via the contact details below, or direct from The Shed.
The Shed (Tameside), Loxley House, Birch Lane, Dukinfield, SK16 5AU
Registered Charity No: 1175457
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 22nd October 2021.
Contact Mike on Tel: (0161) 368 4974 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org