The Shed (Tameside) is recruiting a coordinator. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to get involved with a rewarding local organisation to grow and develop the range of provision the organisation offers.
The Shed (Tameside) is a movement for older people and offer a place to meet up, learn and share skills and make new friends. It has a range of activities on offer from; developing working, cooking and IT skills to participating in sporting and musical memories sessions. Its aim is to create a socially engaging place for people to come to have fun, to improve their mental health and wellbeing and to age better.
The skills we are looking for:
• Experience of working with volunteers
• Ability to work with people with long-term health conditions including dementia
• Basic bookkeeping.
• Business planning experience
• Completing statutory returns
• Completing and presenting management reports
• Experience of applying health and safety legislation and safe working practices
What the Shed can offer you:
• Initially, three paid days (18 hours) per week increasing with experience
• Pay scale £12 per hour increasing with experience
• Training for first aid, dementia awareness, safeguarding, Microsoft Office Software etc.
• Support of current incumbent for about 12 months
A Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Disclosure check may be undertaken for this role.
Contact Mike on mobile: 07984037920 or Tel: (0161) 3684974 Email: email@example.com