TASC is a group formed from the armed forces community with direct links to military charities and wider partner organisations. It is a not for profit group with a focus on the delivery of the Armed Forces Covenant through a wide range of community engagement. We organise trips, events and commemoration events, as well as supporting the covenant implementation and development in the borough and support those who are serving or have served.
TASC is the partner to Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council in delivering the Armed Forces Covenant. The Armed Forces Covenant was signed by Tameside Council at Armed Forces Day 2012. “The Armed Forces Covenant sets out the relationship between the nation, the government and the armed forces. It recognises that the whole nation, has a moral obligation to members of the armed forces and their families and it establishes how they should expect to be treated.”
We aim to:
- Encourage local communities to support the armed forces community in their area.
- Nurture public understanding and awareness amongst the public of issues affecting the Armed Forces Community.
- Recognise and remember the sacrifices made and faced by members of the armed forces.
- Encourage activities to which help to integrate the Armed Forces Community into local life in the borough.
- Encourage the Armed Forces Community to help and support the wider community through the participation in events and joint projects, or other forms of engagement.